Hide blog posts from blogger home page


   Here I'll teach you how to create a STATIC BLOGGER HOME PAGE or LANDING PAGE ! The default blog-posts which used to appear on the home screen in any blogger blogspot blog is not present on this blogger blog of mine.

This is how you do it. You may see tutorials saying remove the following code from html editor window.


But,if you delete this piece of code ,it deletes the blog post widget . i.e, it  removes the blog post widgte as such and you will never be able to show your blog posts. It deletes the widget from the blog totally. Here's a new trick

So to remove the blog posts from the home page alone.
  1. First go to Dashborad => Design =>Edit HTML (Edit Template HTML)
  2. The style sheet declarations end after the "]]></b:skin>" . So just search for the "]]></b:skin>" and add the code that comes after the red color ,as shown.


 Note that you are hidin both side bar and your posts here. To hide your posts alone and keep you sidebar intact  remove the .sidebar from  .post, .sidebar  from above piece of code in first block.

Now save the template. Now go do Design => Page elements and rearrange your widgets and add whatever you want as aove or below the blog post widget . Now you have your blog pos hidden on home page and they will appear when you click on an individual post link !!
It worked good for me. This is relatively new from me and if there are any bugs do let me know.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

75 Response to Hide blog posts from blogger home page

Dansimmo@stefx.eu
May 09, 2011

Hey tnx dude, It hid all my posts on my home page and now I have a real static home page on blogger

Mr. Eakins
June 07, 2011

Hmm... This may work for what I am trying to accomplish. My homepage currently post everything that I post. I want the news label to be in it's own section and not with my Domains label...

So according to you I can just create a static homepage, then have a Domains section based by label and have a News section based by it's own label.

So far this is the closest to what I want. I have been trying to disable certain post from appearing on my blogger main page by label. Such as: News label wouldn't show up on Main page and would just be accessible by the News link in the side bar.

SEO Domain Names

Blogstrain
June 12, 2011

is there way to hide from selected label only not all the blog post

August 12, 2011

Thanks for your instructions. Can you show me how to put something, say an image, in the empty space left by hiding blog posts.

August 17, 2011

@ trongkhiem168 : Please see the template http://am-anand.blogspot.com/2011/06/tech-blog-brand-new-blogger-template.html.

IS that wat you mean ? The code for the same is given there too, with the template

February 11, 2012

I tried this, but this happened

"Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The element type "head" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

Error 500"

Here's the site url: www.princearnold.com

February 18, 2012

@ Prince : I guesss you pasted the code over the closing "head" tag
Try again :)

PS : Your site looks good :)

March 29, 2012

im getting this error

Error parsing XML, line 586, column 10: The element type "head" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

April 13, 2012

Its simple, you have missed the closing headert tag buddy
make sure you have closed the header tag before starting body tag

MH
April 16, 2012

I think the problem is that last div, there is not open div so it shouldn't be one closing

May 08, 2012

Nice post. It's not working to my testing blog. is anything wrong with your codes? if so, update me plz.. Thanks in advance

my testing blog
http://testplugins2.blogspot.com/

May 12, 2012

When i tried this in my test blog the following error occurred please help

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The element type "head" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

May 12, 2012

This works! But the code listed above needs to have that last "div" removed and its good. Was getting the same error as everyone else prior to removing it. Now I'm good!


Thanks

June 11, 2012

Thank you Anand!! Thanks for sharing. And thank you to StudyGroup for pointing out the mistake in the code. It works for me.

June 11, 2012

This doesn't work for me, an error pops up. Can anyone help? www.anniemaslinphotograhphy.co.uk

June 11, 2012

Ahhh, removing div worked! Thanks!

June 24, 2012

i lost everything

July 05, 2012

Thanks Man.Worked fine For Me . Have a look on my blog :- Education India

Anonymous
July 06, 2012

Hello, all. I got the code to be accepted by the html editor as well by removing the last div; but on my homepage I still have a little gray box down at the bottom of the page that says, "No posts," so I assume that the code did not take for some reason (i.e. it did not actually kill the blog post widget). I have double checked everything to make sure the code was properly copied. Any ideas?

Thanks!

July 21, 2012

Could you please give me more details

August 23, 2012

Nice post. It's not working to my testing blog. is anything wrong with your codes? if so, update me plz.. Thanks in advance RECRUITMENT

September 13, 2012

thank uou much

November 10, 2012

Thankkkk uuu soo muchhh ^.^

November 15, 2012

Thank you so much. I've been looking for in this way, to my blog page. And now find it.

December 10, 2012

thanks

Anonymous
December 13, 2012

thank you :) works perfect

Anonymous
December 28, 2012

nice post

January 15, 2013

Great article dude..

January 17, 2013

It worked thnks

http://www.tektyfoon.in

January 23, 2013

Thank you, you really helped me out

February 06, 2013

it didn't work out on my blog.it didn't show any error but the result still the same. :(

February 08, 2013

@ Grace :
It must be because the name for the sidebar class is different. Not .sidebar as shown in the code.
Find it and edit same. It should work

February 12, 2013

thanks its great....
www.filescrop.blogspot.com

February 17, 2013

Thank you Anand!! Thanks for sharing. And thank you to StudyGroup for pointing out the mistake in the code.

Anonymous
February 19, 2013

thx.. its work perfectly..

February 22, 2013

nice post and coding but i try it but no difference .thanks
http://ipsol.in/

February 27, 2013

Thanks for share with us great blog, really informative.... great job

March 15, 2013

I'm going to replace the recent post with group label section.. how to delete the recent post section in homepage?

Anonymous
March 28, 2013

God Bless You, helpful man.

April 16, 2013

I have added text widgets to create the static homepage but now the text appears at the bottom of every page and post. How do I stop that?

April 24, 2013

Hid everything apart from blogger posts on the template im using lol

May 28, 2013

hey can i hide the blog post from the frontpage but show it in other page(s)? thanks

June 13, 2013

I have read all the above and totally agree with your post. Nice and helpful information.
Thanks
ccna training

June 16, 2013

Hi! Anandz Sir i tried this it worked but how I unhide my posts from hompage again Help me!

July 10, 2013

Is there a way to only hide specific posts?

August 02, 2013

hi, may god bless you as you seem to be a helpful person.big idea mastermind

Anonymous
August 22, 2013

love u man... u solved mah problem....

September 17, 2013

Hello dear . Can you tell me something ? Why when i view my homepage in view source it show my blog post ?

October 04, 2013

This worked for me, but how to I find a link to my blog post feed? I'd like to give visitors to my website the option to view all my posts. Thank you for the help!

Anonymous
November 27, 2013

Just came across your tutorial after struggling to figure this out! This was so, so helpful! Thank you.
website design

December 03, 2013

what should i do for hidding post with particular label only only on home page?

January 07, 2014

wow ! its nice its working on my blog

Thank you for sharing with us

January 14, 2014

its not working... its showing a blank line on the home page... how to remove that

February 04, 2014

It worked, but the timestamp and background of the posts are still showing

Anonymous
February 11, 2014

did not work for me, it removed my home button instead of Post widget! Any new codes?

February 11, 2014

thank you for the help sir. I was wondering from many days that how can i do this trick. But now I know. Thank You
http://jmdchevrolet.com/

February 11, 2014

Thank you you help. I was not knowing that i can do this as well. I will try on my blog and let u know. If you do have some other things then kindly let me know. please.
jmdhomeloans.com

Anonymous
March 01, 2014

There are problems posted here, but no replies posted. I am having the same issue others are. It deleted everything but the post date and the subscript to post:

There are objects that are not being hidden. This is the simple blogger template. Any ideas you can give in a reply so everyone can see it? Thanks!

March 17, 2014

nice tips for blogger thanks a lot for sharing

Abdullatheef YK
March 20, 2014

Hey..The BLog posts are already hidden..How to show it now...???? Even when i click labels of particular posts nothing shows up...Please help me out...

August 13, 2014

wow wonderful its pretty gud dude,...

October 06, 2014

Hello there Anand.. Thanks for this article. I tried this and in preview it all looks fab, except that the date headers to the articles have remained. Do you know what I should do to fix that?

Anonymous
November 08, 2014

nice one author..very helpfull.thanks :D

January 31, 2015

Dude, its not working for me!!

February 05, 2015

how to hide Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
plz help

Anonymous
February 08, 2015

hey bro i wana hide the post but i am not sure when i do this, will be some problem about google engine??? i main my post even could find on google??

February 13, 2015

Thanks so much, its perfect!

March 05, 2015

getting a white box after using that comment please help me i want no such things in my homepage my blog is techmaestrox.blogspot.in

April 04, 2015

Hi
It worked but in the end of the home page I see the dates, how can I remove the dates only from home page?

Anonymous
August 31, 2015

how can i remove a page from a blogger post

Anonymous
October 14, 2015

Thanks very helpful...

December 04, 2017

It's working. Great. Thanks a lot!

February 28, 2018

Hello Dear
I have many Posts on my Blog but my hompage appears emply, can you help me to fix it out.

February 28, 2018

Hello Dear
I have many Posts on my Blog but my hompage appears emply, can you help me to fix it out.

May 20, 2018

Heloo. I paste the code and it wor but now how can i add text to the home page???

Post a Comment